Monday, November 15, 2010

Soccer Cupcakes



My son started soccer this past weekend which means I am officially a soccer mom- yikes. I decided to celebrate by making cupcakes. I was inspired by Dukes' and Duchesses who blogged about these, she was inspired by Parents Magazine. I didn't read the directions posted there and instead did my own thing with mistakes included :).



I started with mini Devil's Food cupcakes baked in green liners to represent the grass on the field.



White vanilla frosting, no need to worry about it getting it perfectly smooth.



Place a thin Oreo crisp (found in the 100-calorie packages) in the middle.



Use black gel to draw the lines. Didn't like the look.



Then just the gel without the cookie. Didn't like this either.



Put the gel in a pastry bag with a #2 tip and was much happier with these lines, used the cookie as well.



As you can see I only used one cookie per cupcake since these were mini-cupcakes and not the regular ones used in Parenting magazine.



I was really happy with how these looked and the combination of the Devil's Food cake + Vanilla frosting + Oreo cookies was great!



The kids loved them and the coach was very impressed :)

Proudly linking to:

The Girl Creative Making Making your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple Photobucket
mmm button Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties

6 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

They turned out great! They were a little tricky, huh? I think your version is awesome!

momstheword said...

I am a former soccer mom as well. These are so fun and creative, and the best part is they'll taste great!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Stephanie said...

Those are so cute! All of us plain cupcake moms are jealous :)

Malia said...

your so funny... they all look good to me! i wish i had seen this before our end of the season soccer party... maybe for spring soccer...

Threeundertwo said...

I bet they were yummy too!

Ashlee Marie said...

Ahhh soccer cupcakes! I remember them well. What a pain. Your turned out great! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.