Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Cookies

These cookies are not only beautiful, they are also delicious! The recipe I used explains that they are copies of the soft cookies found in grocery stores. I think they are much better than those!


They are soft, buttery and the icing adds the right amount of sweetness. Find the recipe from Annie's Eats: here. Please make these soon, I know you'll love them!
And lastly a peak at our crafts from this afternoon. My daughter and I made a mailbox to hold all her valentines. It is due tomorrow and she told me it was her favorite homework for Kindergarten, much more fun the math! Ha! I think she takes after her mommy, crafts over math always! We also worked on the valentines she will hand out in school. As you can see she is still obsessed with owls, they read "I'll owl-ways be your friend!" They were easy for her to make and she had fun! Inspiration can be found here: Mailbox & Owl Valentines.

Thank you so much for stopping by and may you have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Proudly linking to:

Creations by Kara http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green

7 comments:

momstheword said...

My mom loves those pink cookies! I also love your daughter's valentine box and the ones she's handing out. Too cute! Thanks for linking up to Making Your home Sing Monday!

Emily Thompson said...

I LOVE the frosting... so smooth! I am always on the lookout for the perfect frosting :o) I came over from Making the world cuter! Would love for you to link this up to my Tasty Tuesday Party which opens tonight! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

These look yummy! I’d love to have you link them up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/02/anything-goes-linky-party_09.html. Thanks for sharing!

Laura of Our Virginia Home said...

Oh, this recipe couldn't have come at a more perfect time!! I was just in the grocery store thinking that I would love to make these at home. Thank you!

Your daughter's Valentine's are very cute. Love the owl theme.

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Yum! Those remind me a lot of the ones you see in the grocery store all the time now. I am sure these are much better (and without all the preservatives too!).

BeanBugCrafts said...

These look so yummy. I love soft sugar cookies, I can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing. I found your post from the Whatever Goes Linky party.