Sunday, September 9, 2012

Vintage Personalized Dinosaur T-shirts

Stegosaurus for Oliver



My friend's son is obsessed with dinosaurs. He has every dinosaur thing you can imagine, and even some you can't. I had seen a boy wearing a cool vintage-looking t-shirt at the park a couple of weeks ago and decided to try to make it since I was pretty sure my friend's son didn't have that one. Of course my son had to have one too!

T-Rex for David
I used the Sure Cuts a Lot software along with my Cricut to cut out each of their favorite dinosaur and the silly labels for underneath. I then used some fabric paint I got at the craft store from the clearance section (37 cents!) and ta da! You need to heat set the paint, and the easiest way to do this is with your iron. I found a great article that explains it in great detail here. I let the paint sit for 24 hours and it worked great! My son loves his t-shirt and has now decided he needs one for each type of dinosaur! It's a good thing they're easy and cheap to make!









I also quickly made this Angry Birds inspired one for my daughter's friend who was turning 6. I love the vintage look of these t shirts and especially how soft they feel.




Proudly linking to these awesome parties!!!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, there. Visiting through Keeping It Simple. I love the personalization on these shirts. a. all kids like their name on something and b. the dino graphics are super cute.
Great job!

Sarah Tackett said...

I love these shirts! I used to have a Sarahsaurus shirt when I was little, of course. I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could come check out my blog (http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/) and share some of the blog love! Have a great Monday!

Perfectly Printed said...

Just found your blog and am a new follower. Love your tee shirt!! Great idea!

chris

Sofia's Ideas said...

Personalized and handmade? Does it get any better? I love that you put so much thought into these gifts, a woman after my own heart...

Thank you so much for participating in Sofia's Ideas {Magic of the Mundane}... Can't wait to see what you link up next week! :)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Loved this and featured it tonight on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful
pr

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Sound good..
Swole T-shirt
Flat is Whack T-shirt

Anonymous said...

I have been looking all over for some cute dinosaur tee shirts . I want to get a few for my nephew because he is obsessed with them! Too cute!

Syed Qasim Javaid said...

https://wilcom-work.blogspot.com/2018/12/creative-machine-embroidery.html

Health is Wealth said...


Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice Combs for Women and Girls skirts frocks metal hairband rubber band 5 rose pin (Multicolour) with desent look
Apna Showroom New Born Baby Kids T-Shirts for Baby Boys & Girls for 1 years 6-12 months or newborn baby cotton tshirts
Apna Showroom Little Girls 'Knee Length Frock Dress Awesome Pink fancy dress for new born baby girls for 1-2 years or 18-24 months
Apna Showroom Baby Boys and Baby Girls Super Warm Thermal Set for Winters (2 Pair) (6-12 Month)
Apna Showroom Baby Boys and Baby Girls Super Warm Thermal Set for Winters (2 Pair) (12-18 Month)
Apna Showroom Baby Boys and Baby Girls Super Warm Thermal Set for Winters (2 Pair) (18-24 Month)
Apna Showroom Women's Winter Wear Thermal Top (Off-White Color) 32 size
Apna Showroom Women's Winter Wear Thermal Top (Off-White Color) 34 size