Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies

My daughter started Kindergarten this year :( We have settled into a nice routine that includes some play time when she gets home before it's time to do homework. I usually have a Tupperware full of cut up veggies in the fridge that both kids reach for when they need a snack, but the other day she requested "milk & cookies" as a treat after school. I quickly browsed through a tab in my bookmarks titled "to try" and picked these cake mix cookies.

The recipe couldn't be easier... add two eggs and 1/3 cup of oil to any cake mix and voila, you've got yourself some cookies! Set the oven for 350 and bake for approximately 7-10 minutes depending on how you like your cookies. We pulled ours out at 8 minutes so they would still be a bit 'cakey' in the middle. Add a banana and you've got yourself a great after school snack!

Proudly linking to:

http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green NightOwlCrafting

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is great to know how simple and I bet they are very moist ! what a great way to be able to whip up some tasty cookies

- KAT -

Joyfull said...

Love it!! This takes away any excuse not to keep homemade cookies on hand! Thanks for sharing.

momstheword said...

You SHOULD have emailed me, lol! These look yummy and I love that they came from a box. That's my kind of cookie, haha! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

YUM!! What a great idea, I can't wait to try these! I'm visiting from the Sugar Bee's "Take a Look Tuesday" linky party, I hope you'll pop by my blog and say hello!

http://littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/tutorial-tuesday-linky-party-trio-of.html

I also have a linky party every Tuesday and would love it if you'd link up your tutorial, I'm featuring recipes this week! :) xoxo