Sunday, October 9, 2011

DIY Haunted Mansion

While in Spain this past summer, my daughter discovered a show called Art Attack on the Disney Channel. She loved it so much that she convinced my dad to finally learn to use his DVR so he could tape all the shows for her. They would then watch the shows together and make a craft everyday. We had a couple of projects that they still wanted to make at the end of the summer so I promised we would do them once we got home. This Haunted House was the latest one of those finished projects.

I remembered most of the process from watching the show a couple of months ago, but was very pleased to find the clip from the show on Youtube. If you are interested in making the Haunted Mansion check out the video HERE.

My daughter, who will be six in December, did this mostly on her own. I helped her hold things together when she as doing the paper-mâché but other than that it was completely her project. As you can see the structure is a bit different than the one on the show but this was clearly her interpretation.

She was very proud of her Haunted Mansion and has shown everyone that has come over to our house in the last week. She is currently planning her next paper-mâché project which will be a gingerbread house. I guess my recycling bins will never be the same ;)

Lastly she had her first Girl Scout field trip today! They went to the pumpkin patch and upon her return home she decided to create a centerpiece on our kitchen table. I love this time of the year!

Proudly linking to:

Making Making your home sing Mondays Sumo Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple
mmm button Tip Junkie handmade projects

http://www.thethriftyhome.comShow and Tell Green NightOwlCrafting


9 comments:

Jamie said...

cute! your daughter sounds super crafty :)

Cecily said...

How great is that!?! Love it!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

What an artist you have there! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

She did such a great job!

momstheword said...

My oldest loved arts and crafts too. I used to have a cabinet filled with art supplies and paper and he and his friends would spend hours making crafts, etc.

I love how this is something that she and her grandpa did together. that is so awesome. My father used to do things with my kids too (he is with the Lord now). Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Leslie said...

This is so cute. We will have to try it. My boys are home on fall break the next 2 weeks, and I need projects for them to do! Thank you.

annies home said...

how cute your daughter sounds as if she has lots of great talent

malia said...

that is a super cool project... your daughter has your crafty genes!

Heather @ Creative Family Moments said...

So cute!