Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Bow Tie

In our family the tradition is to decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. As I started to sort through our ornaments this morning I began to ponder what the kids will wear for Christmas Eve. My daughter will probably wear a red silk dress with rosettes that I ordered online last week. But what about my son? He could probably wear his navy trousers with a dress white shirt... boring! I needed something to spice up the outfit. Quick search online and I found the perfect tutorial @ the Lemon Squeezy Home blog HERE.

The fabric was gifted to me in a pile a couple of years ago and it seemed perfect for this project. I didn't have fleece and didn't feel like heading out to the store so I used a piece of jersey from my 'old clothes waiting to be recycled' pile. What I'm saying is that this project took less than 30 minutes and cost me NOTHING.

My model is teething and has a bit of a cold, so he wasn't very into the photo shoot. I can't wait to see the bow tie on him Christmas Eve. I know it will look perfect with his crisp white dress shirt and blue pants. Bonus: he'll match his sister :) Thanks for stopping by!

Proudly linking to:

Tip Junkie handmade projectsGet Your Craft On Tuesday I'm topsy turvy tuesdays abc button
Photobucket Creations by Kara Passionately Artistic

15 comments:

J.Ryan said...

I seriously think I am becoming obsessed with bowties!! checkout my post :) http://craftingforchiari.blogspot.com/2011/11/holiday-bow-tie.html

Your bow tie looks great!!

malia said...

That is the cutest thing EVAH! Adorable.

I wanted to say thank you for your nice comment about my dog situation. It's been so sad and I really appreciate your support. ( -:
Malia

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

So cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

jen said...

That is one handsome bow tie. Found you on Homemaker on a Dime.

Unknown said...

Patti,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet note. Makeup trends change so fast, I think a little something tends to be timeless. :) As for that bow time, timeless as well! It's Darling!!! And Pjs is on my list for Christmas so I'm all about checing that out too!!! I'm your newest follower and am so excited to get inspired in the sewing area especially!!!

Your new bloggy friend,
Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Cute cute cute!!!! I wish I had a little guy just so that he could wear this tie ;) Visiting from COM and wanted to invite you over to my place to link this up to my fashion linky party! It's called DIY Diva Thursdays and we party every TH-M :) HOpe to see you!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Jennifer said...

Absolutely adorable! If only I had a little boy... sigh...

Mindy said...

Adorable! Brought back a lot of good memories when my little tiger still let me dress him. Now he's 22 and our taste is worlds apart. :) I always loved making little boy ties, though, cheap, wonderful way to mess up your little man. I loved the material you chose!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

stopping by from CRAFT :) thanks for the great idea! I was just wondering what my little man could wear. girls are so much easier to dress up!

momstheword said...

What a cute bowtie! I absolutely love the plaid and bet he looks so handsome in it.

Thanks for sharing it and thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

This is so cute!! I just think bow ties always look so adorable on little boys :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/11/your-whims-wednesday-35-and-features.html

Louisa said...

I love it! I want to make my nephew and his father matching bow ties for Christmas!

Sew Much Ado said...

That is so sweet, there's nothing cuter than a boy in a bowtie!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Yay! Thanks for linking up to DIY Diva Thursdays! Please do me a favor and link back to the party. Thanks!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Featured you today!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com