Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Repurposed Garden Bag



About 5-6 years ago my husband gave me a beautiful garden bag for my birthday. You see, back then I had all the time in the world to garden. However, since our garden isn't very big, I never used the bag. Instead I opted to keep all my tools in a box right next to the vegetable garden. This bag has been in a closet since then... sadly waiting for a job.



Lately, as my sewing projects increase, so do the number of things I need to do them. Because I am a sahm, I don't always get to do my crafts in my "craft room". I needed something to transport my tools of the trade so that I could sneak in "crafting" moments as the kids allowed. Enter the garden bag... it is perfect!!! I love all the pockets because I can have everything organized and easy to find.



It is the perfect size to carry a couple of project/inspiration books along with my tools of the trade. I find that I am more efficient now since I spend less time looking for things and I am happy because I get to carry around a cute bag! The best part is that this cost me NOTHING and it decreased the clutter in my house- score!

*Proudly linking to the following parties:

Works for Me Wednesday, Thrifty Thursdays, Frugalicious Friday, and

 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute and fun!

Beverly said...

I've seen these at the store and thought they'd be great for crafts and scrapping. I am so far behind on my scrapping, that I didn't even buy one because I knew it would just sit there.

Brian + Cheryl B. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I hope you enjoy and benefit from your "home" file as much as I do mine!

I like what you are using this bag for! I can definetly see how convienent and all it would make things!

I bet your husband is happy to see that you are actually using a gift he gave you - and enjoying that you are enjoying it!

Cheryl B. - http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com

Young Wife said...

Cute! What a great idea!

Denise Marie said...

I love that you are using it for that. I need to establish 1 of mine so I can bring it to the baseball field all spring season.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GREAT idea! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week! Hope you have had a chance to enter the giveaway.

Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Kim said...

That is brilliant. I love it!!

Jen said...

I love repurposing things and that is a great idea! That bag was too cute to take outside in the dirt anyway.

Simply Domestic said...

Great idea!!! I'm glad I found your blog! Can't wait to take a look around!