Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Cake



The minute I saw this cake on the cover of Family Circle last year, I knew I had to make it. We had family coming over the weekend before Halloween so the timing worked out perfectly. My son was too young (18 months) to really help, but my daughter (3.5 yrs) had a blast! I didn't realize we had started a tradition until my daughter asked me when we were making the pumpkin cake this year.



The recipe calls for a pumpkin spice cake that is baked in a bowl to give it a round shape. It is then covered in vanilla frosting and tons of M&M's.



The flavor of the cake was fantastic and we loved the way it decorated our fall table. I highly recommend a slice of this cake with a cup of coffee!!!



For the recipe check the Family Circle website, the "M&Ms Pumpkin Cake" was featured in the November 2009 issue.

Proudly linking to:

The Girl Creative Making Making your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple Photobucket
mmm button
Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties My Craftie Life

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

looks awesome and what a great tradition for you and your daughter:-)

momstheword said...

We, too, never knew we had started a tradition until the kids asked about it the next year!

I love that cake, too cool. I have never seen one like that before, it's very clever.

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Suzie said...

So, so cute! Love it!
Suzie @
Staycalmandsewsomething.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE this! thank you for linking up to MMM...I am featuring you tomorrow!

Ginger said...

How fun! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Lynn said...

How cute is this! I love how your daughter made it into a tradition, too. I remember one year buying my boys a pack of baseball cards to celebrate the end of the school year. From then on, every year they'd remind me about the baseball card "tradition." :) Too cute.

Kim said...

That cake looks really cute (and delicious). What a really neat tradition to start.

Diane Schmidt said...

SUPER-CUTE!!! What a creative Jack-O-Lantern :)