Monday, August 22, 2011

Mailbox Moments Mondays - Week #3



I'm participating in a link party hosted by Mailbox Moments. Every Monday for four weeks they will provide a prompt to inspire bloggers to share how they keep in touch with others. Today's prompt was: Send someone a handmade item. The challenge here is you can't spend any money on the item. You must make something with things that you already have at home. The only cost should be to mail the item. Express appreciation to the person and maybe include a little note of love. Take pictures of the item and share the post on your blog on 8/22/11.

I decided to make some of these strawberry hats for two babies born into our circle of friends recently. Coincidentally I met these two moms when I was pregnant with my first child, the same one that started Kindergarten today. We joined the same pregnancy online club and have remained friends to this day. Both of these moms had baby girls while I was in Spain this summer so I decided to send them a little something that their precious baby girls can wear when it gets chilly in a couple of months. I'll include a note to each of them thanking them for being such wonderful friends and wishing them the best of luck with their new bundle of joy.



3 comments:

lesa said...

Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for participating in Mailbox Moments Mondays - week #3.

Have a great day,
Lesa

Pamela Joy Purses said...

adorable!

Gina said...

I don't think I have ever seen such sweet baby hats. Shame my kids are all too big for something similar! I am sure your friends will love them.