Monday, May 17, 2010

Flor de Lis Lavender Bath Salts

Remember the Numbered Jars Tutorial I posted a couple of days ago? Well, the same day I found those jars, I also found one with a cork topper. I threw it in the cart not really knowing what I would do with it, but I had to have it. While I was figuring out the stencil for the numbered jars, I saw a flor de lis on the keyboard of the Cricut and this idea came to mind!


I followed the same steps as with the numbered ones:



The only difference was the size, which was 3 inches for the flor de lis.



I used a lemony green that matches the accents in the master bathroom:



I filled it up with homemade bath salts, following this recipe from the wonderful Maggie over at Smashed Peas and Carrots.



While I was setting the salts up in my bathroom I remembered a silver spoon I had picked up at a vintage store in Rhode Island. It had been sitting in a drawer of the china cabinet for years with no purpose. I gave it a quick polish and think it looks so happy now!



Happy and at home, hanging from some delightful lavender bath salts!



Update: I am currently training for a 5K and used some of these in a post-run bath last night... they were FABULOUS!!! Please make some for yourself, for your mom, for a friend... they'll love you!

Proudly linking to: Frugalicious Friday,


Extreme Personal Measures

UndertheTableandDreaming Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

18 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

Love the idea!!! I have been collecting ideas for Christmas and this might just have to be one of them!! thanks

Amy said...

This is so pretty! I love the sea shell spoon, it really sets off the project! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

These are so pretty! So simple but quite an impact.

Unknown said...

I love fleur-de-lis... your jar is so sweet!

Threeundertwo said...

Wonderful idea! I love that spoon - isnt' it great when we find the perfect purpose for something like that? Thanks for the link to the bath salts recipe and thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday!

Gay Vaughan said...

Just stopping by from the DIY Club. I look forward to following more from you.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Great idea! I bet the salts smell great! I'm going to check out the directions.

Kenzie said...

Love them! So pretty! I can't wait to make some!

One Life Many Journeys said...

How cute. I make a lot of sugar scrub for gifts and this would be so much cuter than the plastic containers I have used in the past.

Leslie said...

Love them! They turned out so cute! I awarded you the Gorgeous Blog Award over on my blog. Night Owl Crafting

Robyn said...

WOW! What a wonderful idea...yet another reason why I may need a cricut! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Yes they grow FAST! Congrats on the 5K...that is an ACHIEVEMENT!

Maggie said...

Wow! Those are super pretty! And good luck with your 5k, I wish I was a runner...
-Mags

Unknown said...

I bought a bottle that looks almost just like this, at the thrift store for $.25! This is a a great idea!
Looks like I'm your 100th follower! Found you at Follow Friend Sunday!
{Rebekah}

More Than "Just Mom" said...

Hi! You are so creative! I found you through Women Who Do It All - can't wait to see all the new things you come up with!

Kendall@ Finesse Your Nest said...

What a cute little gift idea! Of course, I would have to make some for myself as well. I'm such a sucker for bath girlie stuff! Thanks for linking up to Shop The House Sunday!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

I love what you did with the jars, Gorgeous! These would make adorable gifts! Fabulous idea. Thanks for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Laura said...

What a cute idea! I just wanted you to know that I featured this on my blog. Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day @ along for the ride!!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

What a great embellishment to a simple jar!