Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ladybug Sundress

Day 2 of Kid's Clothes Week Challenge was dedicated to this Ladybug Sundress. I bought the fabric last year and was worried that it would be too small for my daughter, but a quick fitting proved me wrong. This took an hour, start to finish.



The basic construction was easy, until I got to the straps. The spacing of these gets me every time. In the end it worked out and I like how they look. My daughter picked this red ribbon, I had planned on using the fabric I cut when creating the hem. I guess I'll use that for a hair accessory.



The red brings out the ladybug design and makes it extra girly, which is totally fitting with her personality.



The plan was for it to be shorter, but she requested I leave it longer as it made her feel like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. As you can see, she loved modeling it and would not take it off once the photo shoot was over.



Tomorrow night I have sewing class, so Day 3 of the challenge will be completed there. This means I won't post the results from Day 3 until Thursday since I'll get home late tomorrow night.

Proudly linking to: Show and Tell,

giveaways Get your craft on Thurs.

10 comments:

Anne Maskell said...

very cute! I love the fabric!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!
terelauritsen.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

Super cute! Link it up to Mad Skills Monday at SSB!

Ginger
SSB

Andrea said...

She made a good decision on the ribbon. Love it.

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like! TheTrainToCrazy.com

Unknown said...

So funny--last year I used this same fabric to make 5 dresses for my girls & my nieces to get pictures taken together--even with the tied red ribbon straps!!! Looks very cute!

Kim said...

Oh, I can't tell you how cute I think this dress is. I really, really love it!

Unknown said...

This is a Darling little Dress!!! It came out beautifully and it looks Great - I love the red ribbons - and the lady bugs are too adorable!

Andrea said...

I made dresses just like these for my girls last summer! They still wear them, they are really cute! I used the red ribbon too for the straps!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Did you shir the fabric yourself or buy it that way? You are taking some great sewing classes! Where are you taking them? I can't find any where I live :(

Unknown said...

oh my word! I heart ladybugs!
How cute is this little model, too!