Sunday, February 13, 2011

Toy Story 3 Cake

This is the cake my friend and I made for her sons' birthday yesterday. We got the idea from this blog. Our cake was made using two 11x15 cakes, vanilla and chocolate flavored.

My favorite part were the two figurines laying down. It felt like Andy just threw them on his bed and ran out. We made the bed lumpy on purpose as we thought it looked more realistic of how it would look if Andy made it.

The pillowcases were made out of fondant, with mini marshmallows as the stuffing. The detail on the side was made using a special fondant cuter. The headboard was cardboard covered in fondant with the names piped in royal icing.

The bed posts were fondant covered pretzel rods, and the wood floor was made using the same fondant. The wood floor was a last minute addition but we thought it would look better than the white cake board.

The boys LOVED their cake, as did everyone at the party. But more importantly we had a blast making it and can't wait to do it again!

P.S. You have until Wednesday to enter my giveaway for a $35 CSN Stores gift card. Go
here to enter!

Proudly linking to:

Making Making your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple mmm button
Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties Get Your Craft On Tuesday

11 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

AHhhh, I needed you for Little Man's birthday party!! This is so stinkin' cute!

DIYbyDesign said...

You are really really good. That looks amazing. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

momstheword said...

Oh wow, this is awesome! I love it! My boys would have loved a cake like that. Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

the cape on the corner said...

aww, that's great! i love the details on the blanket!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Oh!! My little girl loves, loves, loves toy story. Too bad her birthday is 10 months away. Maybe I'll have to make a "Just Because" cake. Following you from Tuesdays Creative Blog link party. Please stop by my blog when you can. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

This is cute. I just came over here from Sew Can Do. I posted a cake as well. http://stephaniesscrappingstation.blogspot.com/2011/02/baby-girl-turns-5.html

Jenn Erickson said...

Absolutely marvelously done! What a dream cake for any Toy Story fan! Jenn/Rook No. 17

Sew Can Do said...

Really cute & I like the realism. Makes me want to make a cake for no reason! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

Ashlee Marie said...

What a fun idea! I've seen other bed cakes, but not a toy story bed cake. I bet the boys loved it! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

I love it love it love it!!!! I want to make it now for my son's birthday! Great job!
Your newest follower :)
http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Is this the one who also made your birthday cake? Gosh I am impressed I think I will give up trying to decorate my own ever again! Mine would be embarrassing simple next to her's.