Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fabric Belt for Boys

My son just went through another growth spurt. I'm bummed because his pants were finally not falling off, and now they are too short. So here's my solution, a belt for the new pants!!!



I had some ribbon, bias tape and heat n' bond left from another project, so I simply had to pruchase the D-rings.



I used the heat n' bond instead of pins to hold the bias tape in place. The blue ribbon was slippery and I felt it worked better than if I had pinned it.



I tried to get some action shots, but my son doesn't really STOP unless he's eating or sleeping. This is the best I could do. As you can see, the belt did the trick and he is no longer losing his pants.



I'm linking to some fun parties today:

Making

The Girl Creative

7 comments:

Heidi said...

great solution! don't ya love how when their pants fit in the waste they are either WAY too long or WAY too short in the legs!! So frustrating

Upstatemamma said...

Oh wow!! How clever of you!! And it is such a cute belt too!!

Brandy@YDK said...

great job. very cute.

Tonia said...

What a great idea! My daughter has the same problem. Tiny waist long legs.

crafterhours said...

SO cute!

Unknown said...

We have the same problem over at our house. Love the belt and the fact that it is a craft for a BOY!

http://boyohboyohboy.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

My boy is always in need of a belt-the skinny little thing with no bum! Great belt!
-Tiff