Monday, July 12, 2010

Appliqued Baby Onesies

My good friend from college just had a baby, and I finally got to make some appliqued baby onesies. I've been wanting to make the tie one for a while now, and the initial one was a given as well. My friend really liked them and said baby R will be wearing the tie one to a couple weddings this summer.



Not only was I inspired by this tutorial, but I received personal instruction from Char herself. She is WONDERFUL, please go visit her blog and tell her I sent you.



This one was made in a similar manner, except that I traced the baby's initial instead of the tie pattern.



This last one is not handmade, but I had to buy it for him when I saw it at Target!



I was so excited to receive the thank you note saying they loved them... I can't wait to make more!

Proudly linking to:

The Girl Creative Making Making your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple Photobucket
Photobucket

17 comments:

CK said...

These are SOOOOO cute!!! I LOVE the tie one.

Christin@Pregnant with power tools said...

I think I'm gonna have to try this out for my new little one!

Andrea said...

Super cute! I love the necktie onesies. I have made quite a few myself!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Those are so fun and cute!!

momstheword said...

How cute! I just love cute little slogans on a baby's shirt or onesie! Thanks for linking up today.

Megan Gunyan said...

Adorable. I love applique! You can personalize them however you want! It's a fantastic gift. Great job!

*I would love for you to check out my blog for a fun giveaway! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day!

Ginger said...

Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

These are so cute!!! I love appliqued onesies!!

NoDebtMomma said...

Sam
Mom.Undecided.
http://momundecided.blogspot.com
(Come check out my first product review!)

Anonymous said...

I love these little onesies - they always turn out so cute!

Ashlee Marie said...

SOOOOO cute! This gave me a ton of ideas. What great inspiration! I just started a link party and I would LOVE it if you'd consider adding your crafts to it! I'm having flower headband giveaway as part of our first party too! http://imtopsyturvy.com/index.php/2010/07/topsy-turvy-tuesdays-1/

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

Super cute! I think I'll need to make our new baby one of the tie ones for the holiday season!

Unknown said...

I love all of them. Thanks for being so inspirational (because NOW I have to make some for my kiddo's) But anyway I love your whole entire blog. So I awarded you with the "A Blog with Substance" award. You can come pick it up @ http://sewcraftable.blogspot.com/2010/07/ive-been-featured-yay-me-blog-award.html

♥Jess

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Very cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Diane Schmidt said...

I love them, the tie is so cute!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

So, I finally made it over to check out your onesie and it's DARLING! I'm a sucker for checks!

Organic Baby Sheets said...

These are all too adorable. Lovely pieces of clothing for babies!