Sunday, July 25, 2010

Play Pool! Cupcakes



Today was my husband's birthday and I wanted to make him something fun. The kids and I flipped through our favorite cupcake book (Hello, Cupcake!) and thought he would really like these since he loves playing pool.



Instead of using the real triangle from the pool table I made one out of chocolate covered pretzels. This is where the kids got involved and they had a blast! It was a messy process, but I was glad to let them help me and they loved it.



We used vanilla cupcakes which I baked last night in order to make the decorating easier today. The toppings included vanilla frosting, colored decorating sugar, white chocolate circles and dark chocolate numbers.



These were really simple to make and a blast to present to our billiards lover! Apparently they tasted good too since they disappeared within hours :)



I really wanted an eight ball but couldn't find black decorating sugar. I tried making my own but it looked more like grey sugar. Our local stores only carry the black around Halloween. I think I'll stock up on it this year just in case.



Proudly linking to:

The Girl Creative Making Making your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple Photobucket
mmm button

29 comments:

Ginger said...

Those are too cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

So creative! These are awesome. I look forward to exploring your blog more.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

NO WAY?! Are you serious?? Pati, this is so incredible!! I never would have thought to do this... but it's pure genius!

Kim said...

That is really cute! When you are stocking up at Halloween, just remember to wait until afterward so you can get a good deal :-)

momstheword said...

Pati, you need your own show, girlfriend! That is awesome!!!!!

Lynn said...

Really cute, always fun when the kids can help out too!

Ott, A. said...

Those are so creative and cute. very appropriate for an adult birthday. Great job!!

Vanessa said...

Those are damn cute! And delicious looking!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Your cupcakes take the cake...they are so cute and turned out sooo well! Joni

Unknown said...

probably some of the CUTEST cupcakes EVER! i love these, so so so cute! please come linky these to my Crafty Linky party going on now. CraftOManiac.blogspot.com I would love it if you would. THANKS, Jenn

Sew Can Do said...

Love this!! SOOO creative & yummy. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

Donene said...

These are way cute! how clever!

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

super pool .. i mean super cool! so creative. well, you deserve an invite:


come link your tutorial up with us so our readers can find you:
http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-7/
(new party, every wednesday, findable from the home page)

we love to feature you,

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

What a great idea! I love the cupcakes in the triangle! Thanks so much for sharing. I may have to make this for my bro in law's b-day.

Melissa said...

That is so totally cute - what a brilliant idea!!

Ginger said...

And the award goes to...YOU! Check it out here:

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-are-too-too-kind.html

the decorated cookie said...

Adorable! I posted a link on my column (ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com). Thanks for sharing!

Jami said...

How amazing are those!?! You have so many creative ideas!! Next week I'm having a PRETTY PACKAGES PARTY. I hope you'll stop by and share some of talent. You can pick up a button to keep as a reminder!
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com
Smiles!!!

Sonia Monagheddu said...

Happy Birthday ^_^ beautiful and delicious cupcakes!
Sonia

Andrea said...

Those are fabulous! I have that book also, I've made a few things out of it. Some of them not as easy as they look!

sportzmom said...

Adorable!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Wow, theses are fabulous! You did a great job.

Susan
Party inspiration

Sassy Sites! said...

these are the cutest cupcakes EVER! You did an amazing job! I love your blog!! Coming from Sassy Sites! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

Journey to Living a Simple Life said...

Love the cake what a cool idea!!

kim west said...

gave you an award at my blog!!!

Sheri said...

Very cute~! Love the theme idea. Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!! Great job!! I get my sprinkles online. I've found all sorts of colors and designs at www.treasuredbirthdays.com.

Lenetta said...

Awesome! My hubs would think this is cool - I'll have to tuck it away for his birthday. :>) I linked on my weekly roundup - thanks for sharing!