Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fruity Star Cake

Happy 4th of July!!!



I hope everyone had a great day celebrating this wonderful country's birthday. We spent the day with friends, eating good food and watching the kids play. This is the cake I made to bring to our friends' house along with some other goodies that I'll post about later this week.



This was a simple star-shaped vanilla cake covered in whipped frosting with fruit on top. The organic strawberries were so juicy you can see they dripped on the stars I piped down the side.



Proudly linking to:

The Girl Creative MakingMaking your home sing Mondays
Sumo Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple Photobucket

5 comments:

Theresa Plas said...

What a work of art! So glad you shared a pic before it was devoured!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful, I'm sure everyone loved it!

HelenG said...

Beautiful... love it!! I have to make this one!

Katie said...

I love this cake!!! How pretty and the fruit makes it seem practically like health food, LOL!

Diane Schmidt said...

Very festive!