Friday, July 2, 2010

Kiddie Flags

The Stars cake wasn't the only 4Th of July craft around our house. We also made flags per the kids request to "decorate for the holiday". They were easy to make and look great on our back window.



We started by making lines on a white piece of paper. We ended up making them wider than in this picture to make it easier for the little guy.



We glued a piece of blue paper. Coincidentally, my 2 year old son is the king of the glue stick- he loves it!



Notice the different styles, my daughter is very careful when working on any craft.



I cut out strips of paper and my daughter then cut them into squares. We started off with a pretty big pile of them.



And then we started creating the red stripes by gluing down our red squares.



As you can see, some were more neat than others.



When the 2-year-old's attention span was about done, he brought out his hammer and had a blast securing the red squares.



Non-hammered down stripes.



We couldn't find a star stamp, so we made one!



Loaded...



And stamp away! This was their favorite part.



TA DA!!! Happy 4Th of July!!!



Proudly linking to:

SYS Thurs
Extreme Personal Measures
UndertheTableandDreaming

11 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun! i bet your kids loved this!! happy 4th of July weekend :)

M.O.T.B said...

Looks great! And fun!!!!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is a perfect 4th of July craft for the kids! I am getting so excited for when Little Man can do things like this! Have a Happy Fourth!!

~Alison

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is a great 4th craft! Thanks for sharing. I'm following you now. :)

Happy 4th!
Jami

Jami said...

What a fun idea! My boys will love this!
Smiles from Texas!

Fowl Single File said...

I've got a glue stick-lover, too and I know she'd make a windowfull of these if I let her. Thanks for the simple idea!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

Happy 4th of July!

Threeundertwo said...

I love first that you used a quilter's ruler to draw the lines, and then that the little man used a hammer to get the job done. The potato stamp was icing on the cake. Great job! Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday!

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! Looks l;ike they had a blast!! :)

Nicholette said...

I love kid projects! That's so much fun! Thanks for linking up!

The Single Nester said...

I love this! Just my favorite 4th of July decoration I have seen!