Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tasty Thursday: Chocolate Spritz Cookies

My kids and I love making cookies, it's the perfect activity for rainy afternoons when we can't play outside. I have been wanting to make spritz cookies ever since I got a cookie press during the after-Easter sales. I decided to go with the recipe included in the box for our first batch and they were great!



The cookie press requires a specific texture for the dough, this recipe was perfect! The end result was a very tasty cookie that also looked great!



This recipe makes A LOT of cookies... about 5 dozen! I am really looking forward to making these around the holidays and decorating them in different ways. So many possibilities and I love that I'll have so many to play with just one batch of dough.



We had some technical difficulties with the cookie press initially and while I searched the Internet and found a video that explained how to use it (I love Google!) we decided to just make regular cookies. These were just as good as the spritz cookies and got one batch out of the way while we figured out the press.



Proudly linking to:

5 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

Oh wow, you should have seen my first attempt! You aren't kidding when you say the texture has to be JUST right. Now I leave this job to my hubby, he is more patient than me!
Tracey

Kelli said...

A Cookie Press has been on my wish list for years! You've just made me green with envy and totally jealous :)

~Kelli @ Smidgens

Ott, A. said...

I only ever make spritz cookies for christmas, but then again I never knew of a recipe for chocolate ones. I love my pampered chef cookie press. It works great.

Remodelaholic said...

I want one of those cookies press thingamajigs they look so fun, and these cookies look great... maybe I need to talk to santa about that cookie press, get my order in early!

Kim said...

I love my cookie press. I bought it with a gift card someone gave us as a wedding present. I was tickled pink. My mom had one as I was growing up and we made spritz cookies all of the time. Can you give me the recipe for this. I might be able to do it, I might not. I just recently discovered my daughter is allergic to chocolate. Can you believe that?!