Friday, March 26, 2010

Journaling for Preschoolers



My daughter has always loved reading, but is even more into it now that she is the one doing the reading. This past week we took care of our friends' fish while they went away on vacation. My daughter thought it would be nice if we made a book describing what the fish did while at our house.



She put a lot of thought into the activities throughout the week, staging of the pictures and thinking about what each page would say. Later on she helped me cut & glue each picture, and write the "story".



She loved doing it so much that we decided we are going to make another one for her to keep. Her favorite stuffed animal is an owl named Chickie. So, be on the look-out for "A day in the life of Chickie the Owl" in your local bookstore!

Proudly linking to:

Extreme Personal Measures
The Girl Creative

3 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

That is so cute! It's a great way to get kids ready for books and reading. I love how she staged the pictures. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday!

Melissa said...

That is absolutely adorable...two things I've always done with my girls is read tons and tons to them and helped them to journal...my oldest now has five different journals for different categories of thought (prayer, science, etc) I think. You are definitely off to a great start!!

Parent and Child Reading Assistance said...

I'm visiting from Frugal Friday. I love the journaling idea! Preschoolers love to read their own words.