Friday, March 12, 2010

Minnie Mouse Outfit Redux



I am very proud to post my very first complete outfit... and just in time for our trip to Disney! I was inspired by this one. The minute I saw that picture in my reader I knew my daughter had to have it for our upcoming trip.



I changed things a bit based on what I had at home and taking the weather into consideration. I highly recommend this tutorial for the skirt, so cute!



I've been wanting to make korker bows for a while and finally went for it! I followed this tutorial and LOVE how they turned out. I can't believe how easy they are to make. I made two so they can be used for pigtails, and attached them to lined-alligator clips.



The verdict: She LOVED it! We had to cut the photoshoot short because it started to pour, but she made sure to get in a couple of twirls before going inside. Apparently the skirt is very "twirly-swirly" and that makes it a hit in our house.

Proudly linking to the following parties:



The Girl Creative Making

Photobucket Creations by Kara

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! That is super cute!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a sweet little outfit!! I don't think my sewing skills are quite to par yet, but I'd love to try. I just love how her hairbow matches...I am big on matching hairbows. (I have 2 girls) :) Thanks for sharing the links to the tutorials!

I'm stopping by from kojo designs' Friday Fun Favorites party. Hope you'll come by for a visit. :)

Jennifer said...

Seriously you are fantastic. Fia is so lucky! That outfit is adorable. You should go into your own business. Need a partner? I am available, you could teach me. I am going to have to look at the corker bows, I order them on etsy, but if they are easy to make, even better!

traci said...

I love it. I especially love the drawstring waist. I almost made mine with a yellow t-shirt just like that. I still have some yellow shirts and now I want to make one for my daughter. So cute.

You'll find out..... said...

Really, it's just fan-flippin'-tastic. You have a great talent and might think about opening an etsy shop!! XO

Unknown said...

not only does she love it, I love it too! what a fabulous little girly ensemble!
thanks for linking... love your blog!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

How adorable!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Sandy said...

Love it.... Sew Cute to say the least!!

Sandy
http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh my girls would be in heaven. What a cute outfit!!! You did a great job!!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I really appreciate it!

XOXO
Jen

Laura Argelati said...

Lovely!
I link you on my blog :D

Laura from Italy
http://chebirba.blogspot.com